Pastoral and agropastoral areas in Mali and Niger extend to more than 1500000 km².
An introduction of how emergency communications could be done through broadband networks with the aim of combining the internet world with DVB based broadcast and multicast transmission systems.
An introduction of GVF, a Global Non-Profit Association of Satellite Industry that Supporting Satellite Systems/Services Through Multi-Faceted International Programmes:
Introduction of "Emergency.Lu" solution to respond to Haiti Earthquake e.g. background, approaches, technical solution and architecture, and deployment.
• MDA GSI Systems Wide Contract Review • DigitalGlobe Response to UN Charter Call for Haiti Earthquake, January 2010 • WorldView-2 Satellite Overview
Presentation on Search, Organize and Share: How Information Services Support Disaster Management of GeoEye Capacity Development solution.
• Background – Global Pulse and RIVAF
• UNOOSA RIVAF Project – Concepts
• UNOOSA RIVAF Project - Technology
• Next Steps
Overview of SAFER (Services and Applications For Emergency Response) and GMES Emergency Response Service. Examples of SAFER activations were showed.
• Reflections on the 4 C-challenge in the UNFCCC context
• Update on current negotiations
• Needs for climate information under UNFCCC
© 2013 UNOOSA - All Rights Reserved