Indian Insitute of Technology, Bombay
National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control, France; Center for Exploration Targeting (CET) at the University of Western Australia (UWA); International Association for Mathematical Geosciences; Mississippi State University; Edith Cowan University (ECU) Australia
Language of event:
Geomatrix’12 is the third in a series of conferences on geoinformatics tools, techniques and applications being organized by the Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE), IITB since 2009. The first two conferences were national level conferences; Geomatrix’12 is envisaged to be an international event with strong participation from national and international researchers and institutes of repute at both organization and delegate level.
We are expecting participation of delegates from various academic institutes, research organizations and industries to share their research findings and professional experiences with fellow researchers, professionals and students from India and abroad. We are looking forward to your enthusiastic participation in Geomatrix’12.
The focus of the conference would be on:
(b) applications of GIS and remote sensing to exploration, assessment and management of natural resources (including minerals, water resources, forests, snow and glaciers, etc.), agriculture, natural hazard assessment and disaster management, environmental impact assessment including climate change studies, atmospheric studies, terrain studies, land-use planning, and related fields of earth sciences.
The specific themes include:
- Advances in Tools and techniques of GIS
- Recent advances in microwave remote sensing
- State-of-the-art in satellite image processing
- Global positioning systems and wireless sensor networks
- Geospatial technology in mineral system studies and mineral exploration
- Agroinformatics – tools and applications
- Geoinformatics for coastal, marine, and urban environments
- Geospatial technology for prediction and management of natural hazards and disasters
- Monitoring and managing our glaciers and water resources using remote sensing
- Education and educational technology in geoinformatics