UK Space Agency
Language of event:
The 2013 European Space Agency Living Planet Symposium follows the previous successful symposia held in Bergen (2010), Montreux (2007) and Salzburg (2004). The event will be held in Edinburgh, United Kingdom from 9 to 13 September 2013 and is organised with the support of the UK Space Agency .
The objective of the Living Planet Symposium is to present the results of ESA EO missions in exploitation by:
providing a forum for investigators to report and discuss results of on-going science activities using ERS, ENVISAT, GOCE, SMOS, CRYOSAT, Swarm and ESA Third Party missions data;
- gathering the Sentinels R&D community;
- reviewing the development of applications;
- introducing operational services including GMES;
- reporting on ESA Exploitation Programmes (DUE, VAE, STSE);
- reporting on ESA Climate Change Initiative and international cooperation;
- providing dedicated thematic tutorials and short training courses (ESA toolboxes).
In addition, the Symposium will provide an opportunity to introduce ESA missions in development (Sentinels, Earth Explorers and meteorological missions) and national EO missions.
Submission of Abstracts: 15 February 2013
Notification of Acceptances: May 2013
Issue of Preliminary Programme: Beginning of June 2013
Registration to the Symposium: June 2013
Release of Final Programme: September 2013
Submission of Full Papers: at the Symposium