Training Target Audience:
Language of event:
The growing global interest in spatial information in all sectors calls for properly qualified personnel. Through providing appropriate training, this course meets the increasing demand to acquire, process and utilize geo-information data. Building and managing spatial databases and performing analysis by using tools embedded in GIS and database management systems (DBMS) are core activities in this course. GIS tools provide specific functionalities for spatial data input, processing, analysis and output, while DBMS tools provide more advanced functionality for storing and managing large spatial databases.
This course provides participants with the theoretical background and practical training necessary to gain the skills required to integrate the two sets of tools for purposes of spatial data analysis and spatial database management. In addition, participants acquire the basic programming skills to customize the GIS interface and develop functions not yet available or embedded.
What will be achieved?
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the basics of programming
- discern spatial data models design and create a relational database
- design, build and populate a geodatabase
- perform spatial analysis on different types of datasets
- implement and realize a user interface for a GIS application
- develop GIS applications.