Language of event:
The Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) will be conducting a training course entitled Disaster Risk Communication. The training course is based on the need to address the role of communication in disaster risk management. The training course will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, from 20 to 22 March 2017.
The course will cover the following topics:
• Communication Needs in the Different Phases of the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Cycle
• Risk Communication Theories
• Understanding Audiences
• Making Messages Work
• Options for Taking the Message Across
• Designing and Implementing an Effective Communication Plan Including M & E
• Role of Mass Media in Disaster Risk: Effectively Engaging the Media
There will be discussions and scenario-based groups during the course.
The course fee of US$ 1,375.00 covers hotel accommodation, complimentary buffet breakfast, morning and after afternoon snacks and buffet lunch for duration of the course. There is also an alternative course package of $ 1,075.00 available; it covers lunch and two snacks for the course duration.
Apply online by clicking: http://www.adpc.net/tsu/sign-in.asp
If you have any inquiry, you may contact anyone ADPC at +66 2298 0681-92 or via email: tsd [at] adpc.net