This pilot project aims to improve flood early warning systems through the incorporation of impact-based forecasts. The project will implement the use of the Global Flood Awareness System (GLOFAS) of the Copernicus Emergency Management Service, flood modelling, and data on impacts of historic floods to allow operators of flood early warning systems to incorporate information on potential impacts associated with expected floods.
The pilot project will be implemented in specific regions of selected rivers in Ghana, Guatemala, Nigeria, Peru and South Africa.
- Global Flood Awareness System (GLOFAS)
- Airbus Defence and Space (Airbus)
- Center for Remote Sensing of Land Surfaces of the University of Bonn (ZFL)
- National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO)
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
- National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
- National Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA)
- National Commission for Aerospace Research and Development (CONIDA)
- National Civil Defense Institute (INDECI)