European Association of Remote Sensing Laboratories
University of Basilicata
Language of event:
The cultural and practical interconnections between Environment, Culture and Territory are the framework of this event. The scientific committee selected some priority themes related to:
- fields of application such as the use of remote sensing for risk management and cultural and natural heritage, interconnection between environmental, climatic changes and dynamics of human frequentation, the aware fruition of material and immaterial witnesses of ancient civilizations
- methodologies such as development of ad hoc semiautomatic and automatic approach for extracting cultural information, integration and fusion of passive and active remotely sensed data, remote sensing and geospatial analysis for preventive archaeology, palaeoenvironmental investigation and risk management
- cooperation strategies for the creation of a permanent platform for data and knowledge sharing.
Contributions are invited on the following topics:
- From aerial photo to declassified satellite images: the study of landscape over time by means of historical data source
- From visual data interpretation to semiautomatic and automatic procedures in an archaeological perspective
- Remote Sensing, GIS and Geospatial analysis for the risk monitoring and management of cultural resources
- Integration of space/air borne and ground remote sensing in archaeogeophysics
- The "LiDAR revolution"
- SAR applications for Archaeology and palaeonvironmental studies
- Interactions between environment and human civilizations in the past: which approach by using remote sensing?
- Geographic information and earth observation technologies for the protection and management of cultural resources in emerging countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America
- Low cost technologies
- From remote sensing to virtual reconstruction: the study of human past