Training Target Audience:
Language of event:
The course has several objectives, but mainly the aim is to enhance the capacity of stakeholders in development for adapting to changing climate-related hazards and improving resilience and disaster preparedness.
The participants will get an introduction to Climate Change Adaptation on a local, regional and global level. Furthermore they will also establish the linkages to Disaster Risk Managemenst on different levels - scientific, political and practical. The perception of Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management by the society and the role media and poltics play for the definition of problems and solutions will be discussed in two separate Modules.
The course goes over 10 days and is divided in 7 Modules:
- Fundamentals of Climate Change Adaptation (CCA)
- Fundamentals of Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
- CCA and DRM Interface and Synergy Points
- Assessing Resilience for Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management
- "Framing" the Problem
- "Framing" the Possible Solutions
- Influencing Policy for Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management