Institute of Geographical Information Systems National University of Sciences and Technology Islamabad, Pakistan
- Higher Education Commission, Pakistan (HEC)
- Pakistan Meteorological Department Islamabad, Pakistan
- Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) Lahore, Pakistan
- The University of Oklohoma Lahore, Pakistan
- Global Change Impact Study Center (GCISC) Islamabad, Pakistan
- Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS)
- Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources (PCRWR) Islamabad, Pakistan
Language of event:
This conference will focus on the use of space technologies for hydrologic disasters & climate change research. ICAST will raise awareness on the applications of space-borne sensors for hydro-meteorologic extremes, water resources management and climate change studies. This conference will improve international collaboration on scientific and technical research on emerging issues of the region.
On this integrated platform of conference, policy makers, decision makers, scientists, engineers and geographers will recognize the importance of geographic information science as a coherent research field, and will be focused on funding activity in this area as soon as possible.
Advances in the satellite remote sensing technologies are crucial for disaster risk reduction, climate change monitoring, water studies, particularly over data scarcity regions. During the past decades, different natural disaster monitoring and hydrometeorlogical predication systems have been developed by integrating remote sensing observations with environmental models. This conference is to raise awareness on these applications of space-borne sensors for hydro-meteorological extremes, water resources management and climate change studies. The conference will improve international collaboration on scientific and technical research on emerging issues of the Himalaya region.
- Hydro-meteorological Extremes (Monitoring and Forecasting)
- Climate Change Impacts on Glaciers and Mountain Environments
- Climate Variability and Droughts & Water Resources Management
- Geo-hazards (Earthquake and Landslide) Mapping, Prediction, and Mitigation