National Council for Scientific Research (CNRS)
The objectives of CNRS are:
• To draw the general outline of a national science and research policy;
• To advise the government on any issue concerning science and national science policy;
• To carry out surveys and inventories of on-going research;
• To formulate work programs in cooperation with the concerned ministries and the private sector;
• To initiate and encourage scientific research in the theoretical and applied aspects of basic, social and behavioral sciences.