Mon, 3 Apr - Fri, 28 Apr 2023
EO Africa Research & Development Facility is offering an online training course from April 3 to April 28. Participants will explore the potential of temporal dimension satellite EO data for monitoring vegetation dynamics and land cover/land use changes over long periods. The course involves theoretical concepts of hyper-temporal monitoring and practical skills in acquiring, pre-processing and analysing long-time series of satellite EO data.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept behind the design of early warning systems
- List the distinct types of indicators related to change and dynamics that can be derived from long time series of EO data, and be aware of the relevant applications for these indicators
- Explain different techniques to conduct anomaly/trend analysis
- Understand the concept of error propagation when conducting change detection
- Use hyper-temporal imagery to monitor and carry out change analysis
- Conduct anomaly/trend analysis on vegetation condition/productivity based on low-resolution satellite data
- Assess ecosystem stability, resistance and resilience based on long time series of EO data.
To read more about the programme and the mode of delivery of the course, visit the EO Africa R&D website.