Defense Strategies Institute
Defense Strategies Institute, in partnership with the SmallSat Alliance, will host a comprehensive two-day summit on how the application of small satellites is transforming the space domain. Together with government, industry and commercial partners this event will present and highlight the technology currently underway and the challenges that exist in enhancing space access and employing SmallSats to ensure space superiority.
The 2nd annual SmallSat & Space Access Summit encourages members of the DoD, Intelligence Community, military services, and critical organizations to come together to discuss solutions and techniques to exploit the space domain.
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Summit:
- Assessing the advantages of employing small satellite capabilities to meet operational requirements
- Leveraging small satellites to gather data and enable the effective monitoring of emerging crises
- Operating micro-satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO)
- Examining the limitations and constraints of the payload sizes, power, and interface specifications of current small spacecrafts
- Utilizing commercial space technology to successfully deliver military requirements
- Highlighting how industry can provide reliable and affordable access to space
- Improving launch and landing capabilities to ensure mission success and safety
- Addressing the implications of the growing small satellite market for the space launch industry
Members of the DoD, Intelligence Community, military services, and critical organizations.