IDEAL Public Health and Development Consultancy (IPHDC)
To equip learners with skills and improve their understanding of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation (DRR & CCA) concepts with an aim to improve quality of DRR & CCA programming so that development actions can ultimately lead to increased communities resilience to common hazards such as droughts, floods etc.
• Overview of DRR & CCA in relation to humanitarian and development actions.
• Definitions of concepts and key terminologies.
• Climate change science.
• Understanding disasters.
• Institutional frameworks of DRR & CCA.
• Mainstreaming DRR & CCA in key development and humanitarian sectors.
• Monitoring and Evaluation for DRR & CCA.