EGU2020: Sharing Geoscience Online (#shareEGU20) brings part of the activities of the EGU General Assembly 2020 online. Participants will join meetings, share their research and discuss with colleagues.
The event will include topics such as:
- Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology Volcanology
- Hydrological Sciences
- Natural Hazards
- Nonlinear Processes in Geosciences
- Ocean Sciences
- Planetary & Solar System Sciences
- Stratigraphy, Sedimentology & Palaeontology
- Soil System Sciences
- Solar-Terrestrial Sciences
- Tectonics & Structural Geology
Participants have a variety of session formats to choose from:
- Scientific sessions encourage authors to upload and share their presentation materials and opt in to commenting from 1 April 2020 onwards. From 4 to 8 May 2020, during the week of EGU2020: Sharing Geoscience Online, each session hosts a live, text-based chat for community exchange and discussion on the presentations of that session. Please note that times provided in the programme are according to the Central European Summer Time (CEST).
- Union symposia will be brought online through videoconferencing. Please check the US programme.
- Great debates will be brought online through videoconferencing. Please check the GDB programme.
- Short courses: a selection of the original 90 sessions will be offered online during 2020 in the form of webinars and/or downloads of recorded material. Please check the SC online programme to see individual scheduling days and times.
- Townhall meetings: A selection of townhall meetings will share materials and hold a discussion via live, text-based chat.