Indepth Research Services (IRES)
This training aims to develop the capacity of professionals working in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Impact and Adaptation to design, manage, evaluate and undertake improvements in people-centered early warning systems for hydro-meteorological & geological hazards and extreme events. It builds upon Indepth Research Services (IRES) experience in building capacities on use of GIS, Remote Sensing and space based technologies in disaster risk management for disaster management institutions, disaster management practitioners and communities. The participants will learn how to:
- Integrate scientific and technical inputs into early warning dissemination and communication system
- Interpret scientific information products into user friendly formats and prepare & communicate tailor made early warning information products
- Undertake risk assessment and design of multi-hazard early warning systems for disaster risk reduction
- Evaluate and introduce public education and training program for the community based early warning systems
- Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
The training will consist of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work.