International Centre for Parliamentary Studies
This course will provide those involved in disaster risk reduction with a clear understanding of the challenging dynamics of designing policies, mobilising resources and leveraging technology to reduce the risks and effects of disasters.
Interactive learning will support participants’ understanding of key issues in disaster risk reduction and strategic planning, such as monitoring risks, effective resourcing and coordinating fair and even delivery. By applying strategic planning tools throughout the training, participants will leave equipped to design and implement comprehensive plans that consider long-term trends and sustainability in disaster risk reduction planning that are supported by technology and the media.
A comprehensive analysis of the mechanisms behind strategic relief planning will be provided, with subjects to be discussed including:
- Proactive vs. reactive policies for risk reduction
- Resource allocation and mobilisation
- Identify the causes and impacts of various hazards locally, regionally, globally
- Monitoring risks
- Conduct disaster risk monitoring using appropriate methods and tools
- Technology and emergency planning
Experts in the field will lead this training through interactive workshops, lectures and best practice case studies, fostering innovation, creating learning and networking amongst peers.
Upon completion of this week-long course and subsequent successful completion of CMI written tasks, the successful candidate will be awarded a Level 7 CMI certificate in Management & Leadership showing the CMI units achieved. The CMI is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. The professional qualifications offered by the Institute are internationally recognised and sought after.
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Develop, construct and implement DRR plans
- Lead effective organisational change
- Apply the key principles of proactive disaster risk reduction planning to your organisation
- Improve resourcing and coordination for relief, whilst reducing disaster risks
- Analyse, enhance and evaluate performance
- Deliver services that better and more fairly meet stakeholder needs