United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and China National Space Administration (CNSA)
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and People’s Government of Hunan Province
Organized by the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and the China National Space Administration (CNSA), the "United Nations/China Forum on Space Solutions: Realizing the Sustainable Development Goals" will take place in Changsha, China, from 24 to 27 April 2019. By bringing together providers and users of space solutions, the Forum aims to forge new partnerships, enhance international space cooperation and contribute to the attainment of the SDGs.
- Overviewing the current status and future trends of space contributing to the SDGs
- Contributing to identifying Member States’ needs for space, space solutions for the SDGs, and gaps between needs and solutions
- Enhancing existing partnerships and buildingnew partnerships among multi-stakeholders and contributingdirectly to SDG 17
- Contributing to the building-up of the Belt and Road Space Information Corridor
- Promoting the important role of space for the SDGs
The programme will include plenary sessions, special sessions and match-making events. Themes to be discussed will be related to space solutions contributing to the realization of the SDGs.
Scientists, engineers, university educators, policy-and-decision makers, and senior experts from the following groups: international, regional, national and local institutions, United Nations agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, research and development institutions, industry and the private sector.