IRES (Indepth Research Services)
The training workshop will discuss the application of GIS in Epidemiology and Public Health
- To develop Understanding on the different components of a GIS and the role GIS plays in solving epidemiological and public health problems.
- To present to participants all data-related aspects of a GIS, such as the data models in GIS, data input, data editing, data visualization, metadata and managing a spatial database.
- To Carry out advanced analyses of geographical data with specific reference to epidemiological related issues
- To improve data management and analysis skills of the participants
- To perform spatial and temporal epidemiological and public health analysis using GIS.
- Establish understanding on how to work with spatial data and GIS techniques to solve epidemiology and public health problems.
- To expose participants to data capture, input, manipulation and display by GIS
- To demonstrate to participants use of GIS in mapping health facilities and projects.
- To explain to the participants role of GIS as a decision support system in public health
The training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English.