The training date is in the past. However, videos and resources of the training can be accessed here.
This training builds on the skills taught in previous ARSET SAR trainings in terms of the use of Google Earth Engine for flood mapping with radar data. This training presents two new topics; the use of InSAR for characterizing landslides and the generation of a digital elevation model (DEM).
By the end of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Create a flood map using Google Earth Engine
- Generate a map characterizing areas where landslides have occurred
- Generate a digital elevation model (DEM)
- This webinar series will consist of three, two-hour parts
- Each part will include a presentation on the theory of the topic followed by a demonstration and exercise for attendees.
- This training is also available in Spanish. Please visit the Spanish page for more information.
- A certificate of completion will also be available to participants who attend all sessions and complete the homework assignment, which will be based on the webinar sessions. Note: certificates of completion only indicate the attendee participated in all aspects of the training, they do not imply proficiency on the subject matter, nor should they be seen as a professional certification.
The target audience for this training are local, regional, state, federal, and international organizations interested in using SAR for disaster or hydrological applications.